7 Reasons Why Amazon B2B Business is the Future of E-commerce
Amazon is not only the largest online retailer in the world, but also a leader in the B2B e-commerce market. B2B, or business-to-business, refers to transactions between businesses, such as wholesalers, distributors, manufacturers, and retailers. According to a report by Forrester Research, the B2B e-commerce market in the US is expected to reach $1.8 trillion by 2023, accounting for 17% of all B2B sales.
Amazon has been investing heavily in its B2B platform, Amazon Business, since its launch in 2015. Amazon Business offers a range of features and benefits for both buyers and sellers in the B2B space, such as:
– Business-only pricing and discounts
– Bulk and quantity discounts
– Free two-day shipping on eligible orders of $49 or more
– Multi-user accounts and approval workflows
– Business Prime membership with additional perks
– Tax-exempt purchasing for qualifying organizations
– Access to millions of products across various categories
– Enhanced product information and comparison tools
– Dedicated customer support and account management
In this article, we will explore seven reasons why Amazon B2B business is the future of e-commerce and how you can leverage it to grow your business.
1. Amazon B2B Business Has a Huge and Growing Customer Base
One of the main advantages of selling on Amazon Business is the access to a large and diverse customer base. According to Amazon, there are over one million business customers on its platform, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 100 companies. Some of the notable customers include Siemens, ExxonMobil, Stanford University, NASA, and the US Department of Defense.
Amazon Business also operates in 10 countries, including the US, UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Japan, India, Canada, and Mexico. This gives sellers the opportunity to reach new markets and expand their global presence.
By selling on Amazon Business, you can tap into this huge and growing customer base and increase your sales potential.
2. Amazon B2B Business Provides a Seamless and Convenient Shopping Experience
Another reason why Amazon B2B business is the future of e-commerce is that it provides a seamless and convenient shopping experience for buyers. Amazon Business combines the familiar and user-friendly interface of Amazon.com with features tailored for business needs.
For example, buyers can easily find and compare products based on specifications, reviews, ratings, certifications, and more. They can also filter products by business-only prices, bulk discounts, Prime eligibility, seller credentials, and other criteria.
Additionally, buyers can streamline their purchasing process with features such as multi-user accounts, approval workflows, purchase orders, invoicing, payment methods, reporting tools, and more. They can also manage their spending and track their orders with ease.
By providing a seamless and convenient shopping experience, Amazon Business makes it easy for buyers to find and buy what they need for their business.
3. Amazon B2B Business Offers Competitive Pricing and Value
A third reason why Amazon B2B business is the future of e-commerce is that it offers competitive pricing and value for buyers and sellers. Buyers can benefit from business-only prices and discounts that are not available on Amazon.com. They can also save money with bulk and quantity discounts on eligible products. Moreover, they can enjoy free two-day shipping on orders of $49 or more with a Business Prime membership.
Sellers can also benefit from competitive pricing and value on Amazon Business. They can set their own prices and offer discounts based on quantity or tiered pricing. They can also increase their visibility and sales by participating in programs such as Business Prime Exclusive Discounts and Coupons. Furthermore, they can reduce their fulfillment costs by using Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA), which handles storage, packing, shipping, customer service, and returns for them.
By offering competitive pricing and value, Amazon Business creates a win-win situation for both buyers and sellers.
4. Amazon B2B Business Supports Diverse Product Categories
A fourth reason why Amazon B2B business is the future of e-commerce is that it supports diverse product categories that cater to various business needs. Amazon Business offers millions of products across various categories, such as:
– Office supplies
– Industrial supplies
– Safety equipment
– Medical supplies
– Lab equipment
– Education supplies
– Home improvement
– Sports equipment
No matter what type of product you sell or buy, you can find it on Amazon Business.
5. Amazon B2B Business Enhances Trust and Credibility
A fifth reason why Amazon B2B business is the future of e-commerce is that it enhances trust and credibility between buyers and sellers. Buyers can shop with confidence on Amazon Business, knowing that they are dealing with verified and reputable sellers. They can also check the seller ratings, reviews, feedback, and credentials before making a purchase.
Sellers can also boost their trust and credibility on Amazon Business by providing accurate and detailed product information, maintaining a high seller performance, and earning positive ratings and reviews. They can also display their certifications, accreditations, and awards on their seller profile to showcase their expertise and quality.
By enhancing trust and credibility, Amazon Business fosters long-term relationships between buyers and sellers.
6. Amazon B2B Business Empowers Innovation and Growth
A sixth reason why Amazon B2B business is the future of e-commerce is that it empowers innovation and growth for both buyers and sellers. Buyers can leverage Amazon Business to discover new products, solutions, and ideas for their business. They can also access industry insights, best practices, and case studies to learn from other successful businesses.
Sellers can also leverage Amazon Business to innovate and grow their business. They can access tools, resources, and support to optimize their listings, improve their operations, and expand their reach. They can also access data and analytics to monitor their performance, identify trends, and optimize their strategies.
By empowering innovation and growth, Amazon Business helps buyers and sellers achieve their business goals.
7. Amazon B2B Business Is Constantly Evolving and Improving
A seventh reason why Amazon B2B business is the future of e-commerce is that it is constantly evolving and improving to meet the changing needs of the market. Amazon Business is always adding new features, benefits, programs, and services to enhance the customer experience and satisfaction. Some of the recent additions include:
– Amazon Business American Express Card: A credit card that offers rewards, savings, and flexibility for business purchases.
– Amazon Business Prime American Express Card: A credit card that offers additional benefits for Business Prime members, such as 5% back or 90-day payment terms on eligible purchases.
– Spend Visibility: A tool that provides insights into spending patterns and trends across categories, suppliers, users, and more.
– Guided Buying: A tool that allows administrators to set policies and preferences for purchasing, such as preferred products, categories, sellers, and more.
– Extended Terms for Pay by Invoice: A feature that allows eligible customers to extend their payment terms from 30 days to 45 or 60 days.
– Curated Collections: A feature that allows sellers to create and share collections of products based on themes, occasions, seasons, and more.
These are just some of the examples of how Amazon Business is constantly evolving and improving to deliver the best value for its customers.
Amazon B2B business is the future of e-commerce because it offers a range of features and benefits for both buyers and sellers in the B2B space. It has a huge and growing customer base, a seamless and convenient shopping experience, competitive pricing and value, diverse product categories, enhanced trust and credibility, empowered innovation and growth, and constant evolution and improvement.
How Amazon B2B Business is Growing Globally
Amazon is not only the leader of the B2C e-commerce market, but also a major player in the B2B e-commerce sector. Amazon Business, the B2B marketplace launched in 2015, offers millions of products and services to business customers across various industries and regions. In this blog post, we will look at some statistics that show how Amazon B2B business is growing globally and what factors are driving its success.
Amazon Business Revenue and GMV
One way to measure the growth of Amazon B2B business is to look at its revenue and gross merchandise value (GMV). Revenue refers to the total income generated by Amazon Business from various sources, such as subscriptions, fees, advertising, and credit card agreements. GMV refers to the total value of products sold on Amazon Business, including direct and marketplace sales.
According to Statista, Amazon Business revenue is expected to reach **$36 billion** by 2025, up from **$16 billion** in 2020. This represents a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 17.6%. Similarly, Amazon Business GMV is projected to grow from **$38 billion** in 2020 to **$83 billion** by 2025, with a CAGR of 16.9%. These figures indicate that Amazon Business is growing faster than the overall B2B e-commerce market in the U.S., which is estimated to reach $1.8 trillion by 2023.
Amazon Business Market Share and Customer Base
Another way to assess the growth of Amazon B2B business is to look at its market share and customer base. Market share refers to the percentage of B2B e-commerce sales that Amazon Business accounts for in a given region or country. Customer base refers to the number and type of business customers that use Amazon Business for their purchasing needs.
According to Statista, Amazon Business market share in the U.S. is expected to increase from 1.4% in 2020 to 2.4% by 2025. This means that Amazon Business will capture more than a quarter of the B2B e-commerce marketplaces sales in the U.S., which are forecast to reach $341 billion by 2022. Moreover, Amazon Business has over 1 million customer accounts worldwide, over 150,000 sellers, and more than $10 billion in global annualized sales. These customers include small and medium-sized businesses, large enterprises, government agencies, educational institutions, healthcare organizations, and nonprofits.
Factors Driving Amazon B2B Business Growth
There are several factors that contribute to the growth of Amazon B2B business globally. Some of these factors are:
– The convenience and efficiency of online purchasing for business customers, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic.
– The wide selection and availability of products and services across various categories and industries on Amazon Business.
– The competitive pricing and discounts offered by Amazon Business to its customers, as well as the free shipping options for Prime members.
– The value-added features and benefits that Amazon Business provides to its customers, such as easy invoicing and payment methods, tax exemption, analytics and reporting tools, approval workflows, and multi-user accounts.
– The trust and reputation that Amazon has built among its customers over the years, as well as the customer service and support that it offers.
Amazon B2B business is a fast-growing segment of the e-commerce industry that offers a variety of products and services to business customers around the world. By leveraging its technology, logistics, and customer-centric approach, Amazon Business is able to provide a convenient, efficient, and competitive online purchasing experience for its customers. As a result, Amazon Business is expected to increase its revenue, GMV, market share, and customer base in the coming years.
Sell on Rexcer.com
Reach millions of
B2B buyers globally